E-Books in the Website
What’s an E-Book? An E-Book is digital version of a document, cover, back page, text and photos – the whole thing. It takes a lot of time to scan and convert books/documents/booklets/articles into e-form and make them “user-friendly”. Thanks to Roger Thornburn, our webmaster, and the software he has acquired and modified we have a large number of full text E-books within the website which are easily readable on the screen.
To make it easier to find and look at what we have included we have compiled a complete list below. The list can also be found near the bottom of the “sitemap” in the website.
Click on any of the links and the book/booklet etc. will appear. Click on the buttons to turn the pages (like the noise?). PDF versions are available in many cases if (like me) you prefer hard copy.
Here’s the list.
- Albion - The Story of Logging – The Northwesterner
- Book of Photos of the Club Layout at Digger Creek – Tony’s Photo Book of Digger Creek
- Camp Food – A Social History of Food in Logging Camps
- Centennial Tribute to the CWR published in Roots of Motive Power “Highline” Magazine The Roots Newsletter
- Climbing Gear – All the gear required to climb a redwood
- Climbing a Spar Tree – A local faller describes what it takes to climb a spar tree
- Joe Rossi - from the August 2004 Roots of Motive Power Magazine.
- Logging - The 'How to' from A to Z
- Memories of the Mendocino Coast – The Story of C.R. Johnson and The Union Lumber Company
- Noyo River Tavern Brochure
- Souvenir of 100 years of Operation of the Union Lumber Company - Noyo Chief Souvenir Edition
- The Noyo - by Beth Stebbins
- The Northwesterner - Ferryboat edition
Western Railroader Magazines
- Western Railroader – Albion
- Western Railroader – Bear Harbor & Eel River Railroad
- Western Railroader – California Western Rilroad’s Super Skunk
- Western Railroader – California Western Railroad (CWR)
- Index to the Western Railroader - California Western Rilroad’s Super Skunk
- Western Railroader – Caspar Lumber Company
- Western Railroader – Caspar Lumber Company's Wrecked Fleet of Ships
- Western Railroader – Cleone Tramway & Glen Blair Railroad Co.
- Western Railroader – Electric Interurban Lines of the NWP
- Western Railroader – Falk Locomotive
- Western Railroader – Gravity Railroading on Mount Tamalpais
- Western Railroader – Logging railroads from Gualala to Point Arena
- Western Railroader – Mendocino Lumber Co. – Railroading on Big River
- Western Railroader – NorthShore RR, Marin County Electrification
Google (believe it or not) has the full text of gazillions of books. We have “used” the following in the website: